In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Patrick Chung of Xfund answer viewer questions including:
- As a startup I’m competing with Google for the valley’s top engineers and can’t give the benefits or pay that they do. What are some suggestions to help me convince people to work with me instead of for Google?
- Today Secret announced that they're shutting down. How does a company with lots of capital and millions of users fail? What lessons can be learned from their rise and fall?
- Startup hiring is so difficult. What advice do you give your companies and how do you personally help them out?
- What are the most important characteristics you look for in a founder before funding them? What are some signals you look for? How would a woman have an advantage or disadvantage?
- If someone wanted to pitch you about their company, what's the best way to gain an audience with you?