In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Satish Dharmaraj of Redpoint Ventures answer viewer questions including:
- Zimbra was quite ahead of its time, integrating both cloud and mobile when mobile was still young and the cloud didn't really exist yet. What was the process for coming up with the product? How did you describe Zimbra when pitching it to VCs?
- How does a seed stage company get noticed by an investor like you?
- What are the main advantages and disadvantages of an uncapped note versus a priced round?
- What are the characteristics of the most successful founders you've worked with? Any patterns?
- It seems there are way too many startups and not enough great employees to go around. Would a correction that culled some weaker start-ups be a net positive in the long run?