In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Dave McClure answer viewer questions including:
- So many people who worked at PayPal went off to found companies like Tesla, YouTube, LinkedIn, Yelp, Yammer and 500 Startups…how was Paypal able to hire such great people? What did you learn there?
- What benefits are typically offered to or expected by employees? Do the benefits change as a company grows and matures, or is an early stage company expected to offer benefits comparable to a mature one?
- What services do you provide your investments after you invest? With so many companies, how can you keep track?
- How is a seed financing different than a Series A? What happens to seed financing when Series A funding comes through?
- How do we get into 500 Startups? We've applied for the upcoming batch…any tips in improving our chances of getting in?