In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Josh Stein of DFJ answer viewer questions including:
- People talk about a valuation "bubble". What would it look like if this bubble pops, and how can we hedge against it?
- How quickly do you make a decision on an investment? What are the key things you look for? Is it team? Product? Something else?
- How do you envision deal terms changing for later stage investments due to the increase in non traditional investors (e.g mutual funds) with different risk tolerances and liquidity expectations?
- How does DFJ make a decision to invest in a revolutionary technologies that are aimed at the distant future like SpaceX, Planet Labs, Tesla, SolarCity…?
- I’m choosing between two startup jobs: one has a team I know well but I don’t really believe in the product, and the other where I believe in the product but don’t know the team. Do you have any advice?