In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Russ Siegelman answer viewer questions including:
- When you are angel investing, is there a valuation amount or structure (e.g. convertible debt vs. equity) that causes you to invest or not invest?
- Knowing what we know now about the social web, what things would you like to have seen Friendster do differently?
- What are some of the success stories from Startup Garage, either products or teams? What does Startup Garage do differently than Y Combinator?
- It seems that big companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. have huge resources but are out-innovated by smaller startups. How does that happen?
- Can you share some insight into the decision process at a large VC like Kleiner-Perkins? For example, what are the steps? Do the decisions have to be unanimous? What happens when there are disagreements about investing?